Monday, October 24, 2011

nearly november

The time has been flying so fast, it's starting to freak me out a bit.  It feels like I was still on summer vacation just last week!  But with the days occupied with teaching and the weekends full of friends and shopping and dinners and parties, it's only natural that the busy-ness has been distracting me.

It's probably because my weekends keep flipping my sleep schedule, but I'm in another pattern of sleepless nights.  I was up at 7 a.m. local time, now it's 8:30 and I've already had breakfast and am watching St. Elmo's Fire--not my favorite Brat Pack movie, but the only one I can find online for free.  It's the first morning I've been up before 10 a.m. since last Thursday, when I had to get up for 8 a.m. class.  I know, I'm super-lazy, especially within the perspective of all these other teachers I'm meeting who are working their tails off nearly every day (and sometimes night) of the week.  I feel bad talking about my job, let alone complaining about the minor inconveniences like not having many students.  Actually, no one showed up for my Monday afternoon class yesterday, and I had only had 2 students anyway, so now I guess I'm only teaching 3 days a week?  I still have to go in, though, we're not allowed to be absent even if there aren't any students.

It's finally turned a little colder here, and windy, so the cracks in my doors and windows not only let in air but also create eerie music sometimes.  If I could have the current temperatures minus the rain, plus a little more sunshine, it would be my ideal weather.  I'm finally getting to wear my favorite and cutest jackets and pants and other cool-weather gear!

To be honest, I haven't much motivation to write.  I neglect this blog, but with better Facebook access I feel like enough people know enough of what's going on in my life.  I'll try to be better, and to put more photos on Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home