Monday, February 27, 2012

the uselessness of making plans

So I've been in this relationship for 18 months now, and I think it's official: China and I are in love.  Sometimes we get upset with each other, and every now and then I want to call the whole thing off, but we've stuck it out and here we are.  I moved here a year and a half ago, thinking it would be two quick years getting experience then I could head elsewhere.  After a few months the idea of going back to school popped up, so the plan became saving money.  But now, I'm getting ready to head into a third year here, and I've realized that it's pointless for me to try to make plans anymore--to say that I'll be in a certain place X amount of years from now.  I've nested and settled in here, and met so many people and gotten to know some really amazing women (some of the guys are okay, too).  I am about as restless as possible right now, and the only thing to do is stay where I am while I can.

"Maybe warnings don't work, and maybe I had to see for myself"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home